Monday was IS MODULE which totally sucks because I got no classmates in my class but I do have course mates. The lecturer tried to be funny but failed in my point of view. I just couldn't wait for 4pm to come that day because I really can't understand what he is talking about and even asked Xiuqi auntie to help me through MSN. HAHAHA! :D
Tuesday was definitely better than Monday. Had Audio tutorial and lunched at Makan Place with classmates after which we had Intro to Film. Melanie was pretty good at teaching us ice breaker and introducing. From here, I got to know a few more classmates and course mates' name because we combined class. She showed us a wonderful film, 'Psycho' by Alfred Hitchcock, one of the most famous director.
Through the film, I realized that black and white films can rock in some way. Although it was a bit draggy in the beginning which made me dozed off, the intense and captivating climax with the effect of the soundtrack, made me eager to find out what will happen and was engrossed to it in the end. Wonderful film by Alfred Hitchcock and definitely the best of what I've seen so far.
Wednesday was Photography class. We were given 20 minutes as break time because the cameras aren't ready yet. So my class decided to have our own ice breakers since most of us still didn't know each other that well. It was really a good thing and I believed after introducing ourselves to everyone in the class, we got along well more. So, Mr Siew decided to end the lesson earlier because the camera batteries died and we couldn't use them. Headed to Makan Place for lunch and waited for Uncle Calvin to come. I became famous again because he introduced me to the seniors. HAHAHA. After that, Xiuqi auntie and friends came. Was a short meet up but non stop laughing session.
Thursday was a long day. Started the day with Studio Production and definitely the best module so far. We were told to do a interview show to try out and it was hilarious! They were talking about Justin Bieber at first and decided to change to poly life topic. Had lunch together with the whole class and next was Intro to Film tutorial. Melanie asked us to introduce ourselves to her and tell her why we want to join FSV. So this is what I said: "I am Xinying. I joined FSV because I enjoy being in a production and want to contribute to our local media industry." And she somehow likes my reason. :D We talked about 'Psycho' and it makes me love the film and Alfred Hitchcock more. The way Melanie interpreted and explained to us the meaning of the scenes, it just made me understand the film more. Next up was Art & Design. I could see myself drawing stickman in my next few lessons but I will just try my best to draw.
Friday we had Audio Tech Production. We got to try out the mixer and learnt a few functions. Although I have touched the mixer for the last 4-5 years, it didn't really help me to understand the functions of the mixer any better because NP one was more complicated! However, after Chin Boo explained to us, it got better for me and I hope I will remember as much as I can. =X So my class is having a petition now for a change of time table because Friday's lesson starts at 1pm and Muslims have to go for prayer. We're thinking of changing Friday's class to wednesday afternoon after Photography lesson so that WE DON'T HAVE LESSONS ON FRIDAY!! :D Hope it will be successful so that I can have long weekends! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment