Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Old places

I always have this special feeling towards old stuffs, especially old places. Places that were once popular but were closed down due to several reasons. I couldn't explain this special feeling but I just felt that they contains a lot of memories of many people. And I always wished that I have the chance to grow up there, play there and enjoy there. I want to experience it because it is a different feeling from what we have now. Therefore, I've set this task for myself: To visit as many old places as I can before the government decides to demolish them and they will be gone forever.

Last week, after rotting at home for quite some time, I decided to bring my camera out for a stroll and headed out. My plan was to visit Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, followed by Woodlands Point & Woodlands Waterfront.

First stop: I alighted at Outram because according to gothere.sg, I would be able to get to the railway station from the bus stop opposite Pearl Center. I started to drizzle. Ck and I walked and after reaching one of the bus stop, I realized that we've walked the wrong direction. So when we finally reached the bus stop near the railway station, after Blair Road, we got lost again. But we managed to get to the railway station after 1 hour?

It's really nice to see an old building still standing strong, with people having lunch and some talking session going on at the canteen area, despite the fact that it will be gone in a few months time.



So we left the place and decided to lunch at Chinatown and homed because I am too lazy to go to Woodlands after that. HAHAHA.

A few weeks ago, I visited Queenstown again because it's been reported that they are going to demolish the old buildings and the cinema soon. The place was extremely quiet compared to the slightly liveliness feeling when I was there in August last year. It has gradually turned into a ghost town.



Also, the other I went to the railway track at Sunset Way. I was there helping out my friend's shoot and I remember I only slept for 5am that morning because I gambled at Louis' place till 4am and only then, that I remembered that there's shoot at 9am.


Oh, I paid a visit to the last kampong in Singapore too, last year for my photography assignment. It is a nice place but there's lots of mosquitoes out there to suck your blood.




I visited Haw Par Villa too and I really like the place. I remember my uncle brought my cousins and I there during CNY when we were younger. It used to be one of the hot spots for tourists but now. However, I believe that Haw Par Villa will be popular once again when the time is right.




So far, that's all I have. I will be back for more, wait for me. (:

No comments: