Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why am I fighting so hard for?

I just had a very bad week.

In week 8, I had 3 pitches and 3 submissions. My individual pitch for drama production failed because I was really really sick that day. And lecturer let me go because I was looking so sick. Next, I had documentary pitch which went really well and I'm so happy about it. After that was producing presentation. I managed to get an interview done and I'm so proud of myself. HAHA

Anyway, I thought that after I've survived the hell week, I could at least enjoy a bit and look forward to holiday. However, I was wrong. On Friday, I was at the camera rental center renting out equipments for shoot the next day, I received a call from the course manager. He told me that I couldn't do FYP because my GPA is lower than those who opted for FYP and due to limited resources.

Yea, I cried in my front of my friend. I couldn't accept the fact that I have to go internship. Like hello, how hard is it to go into internship? I don't need the school to provide me with internship. I really want to do FYP. Why do you think I work so hard for? The amount of time I've spent on planning for shoot, looking for talents, getting all the logistic stuffs done before shoots, making sure everything is ready for shoot. Doesn't this show the efforts that I've put into in all the assignments that I've done?

Telling me my GPA is low is not going to work. I don't get how 3.0 is low and I can say that I've got experience from outside shoots that some might not have. What's the point of me working so hard when I can't even choose what I want to do in Year 3. This is plain stupid. By looking at GPA doesn't mean everything.

And cutting down the amount of people doing FYP due to limited resources is an excuse. A very very bad one. Look, how much money did you give us for our FYP and how fucking long did you guys get to reimburse us back the money? We have to fork out our own money for all the shoots. Did the school ever support us financially?

Yes, we're very ambitious. The equipments that we need for our shoots are what you think is unnecessary. But look, did we make you guys proud?

If I don't get into doing FYP for Year 3, I'M GOING TO HATE THE SCHOOL FOREVER.

No comments: